Dreuchd: Co-òrdanaiche Cèilidh air Chuairt Fèis Fhoirt
Position: Fèis Fhoirt Cèilidh Trail Co-ordinator
Stèidhichte | Location: Negotiable, with training event in Plockton
Ùine | Period: April – August 2022
Tuarastal Stèidhichte | Fixed-term Fee: £2,500
An urra ri | Responsible to: Fèis Fhoirt Committee
The Cèilidh Trail scheme is a Fèisean nan Gàidheal development project which gives young musicians and singers aged 16 to 25 the opportunity to train and take part in a summer tour organised by their local Fèis with support from a team of musicians and specialist tutors. Fèis Fhoirt wishes to appoint a Cèilidh Trail Tour Co-ordinator to plan, publicise and deliver their tour with a group of young musicians around Stirlingshire, Falkirk and Clackmannanshire for two weeks in the summer of 2022.
Dleastanasan | Duties
Trèanadh agus a’ cur cuairt air dòigh | Training and tour planning
- Organise at least two days or equivalent of local training for participants in May & June.
- Organise the tour schedule (11th – 22nd July 2022) including arranging venues, transport and accommodation.
- Liaise with Fèisean nan Gàidheal (FnG) and attend Co-ordinator meetings either by Zoom or in person as appropriate.
- Provide a finalised tour itinerary and publicity photograph to the Fèis Fhoirt committee and Fèisean nan Gàidheal by Monday 23rd of May.
Taic do chom-pàirtichean na cuairt | Supervision and support
- Supervise and support the Trail at Fèis Alba training week in Plockton (tbc) from 4th – 8th July
- Attend and supervise all the summer tour performances, 11th July – 22nd July 2022, and uphold a duty of care for Tour participants whilst travelling to/from and taking part in performances. Ensure that the performers are briefed on all aspects of the arrangements.
- Provide support as needed to the Fèis Fhoirt Trail participants with working through National Progression Awards (NPAs). More information will be provided as appropriate.
Sanasachd, obair-rianachd agus a’ cosg airgid | Event promotion, admin and cash flow
- Take an active role in the promotion and management of all tour events.
- Manage the Cèilidh Trail cash flow in line with the agreed budget.
- Distribute Cèilidh Trail posters and marketing materials in a timely fashion to the venues and communities involved.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all Cèilidh Trail promotion including social media is bilingual and seek help from the Fèis Fhoirt Lead Officer, Abi Lightbody, as required.
- Submit the final report to Fèis Fhoirt committee and to Fèisean nan Gàidheal no later than 30 August 2022.
- Attend to all other reasonable matters that are required to ensure the success of the project.
Sgilean & Eòlas | Skills & knowledge
- Experience of providing support to young people
- Awareness of Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s policies including Protection of Vulnerable Groups Policy and Safe Place Policy.
- Full driving license and access to car. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of driving experience and will be at least 25 years old.
- Ability to establish a positive working relationship with Cèilidh Trail participants and Fèis Fhoirt committee and Fèisean nan Gàidheal staff.
- Knowledge of Scottish traditional music and Gaelic song
- Knowledge of local area
- The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of Gaelic and/or a willingness to learn and use the language
- Working knowledge of a PA would be advantageous
Fiosrachadh a bharrachd | Additional information
The Co-ordinator will be expected to have a flexible approach to hours, with weekend and evening working essential. Extra provision will be made for expenses relating to telephone, travel and general expenditure that may occur through the period of employment. The co-ordinator will be required to work within an agreed budget.
Employment will be conditional on a PVG check being completed to the satisfaction of Fèisean nan Gàidheal.
Iarrtasan | Applications
Applications can be submitted by emailing an up-to-date CV, including two referees and covering letter detailing experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due no later than 5pm on 14/04/2022.
Interviews will take place online on Tuesday 19th April.