A FREE day to inspire tutors working with Fèisean nan Gàidheal (FnG) in community or school events. If you are not yet involved as a tutor but would like to be, you are also welcome to attend.
Although emphasis will be on support for music and Gaelic language tutors, most sessions will also be suitable for those delivering dance and drama sessions through FnG.
A fun and interactive day covering a variety of topics including:
- Gaelic’s place at the heart of what we do/localising what we do/existing resources (audio, digital, print)
- Responsibilities of the tutor – personal admin, FnG policies, what a teacher/fèis committee needs from the tutor
- Saving your voice – for everyone, not just singers
- New teaching resources from FnG
- Class management through movement
Leading the day will be practitioners including Lori Watson, Musician & Lecturer in Scottish Ethnology and Wendy Timmons, Director of MSc Dance Science & Education Programme, both University of Edinburgh.
For further information please contact Eilidh Mackenzie, Fèisgoil Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org 01463 225559. If you wish to book a place, please follow the links below for a FREE ticket
Inverness – 25 May
Glasgow – 26 May