Meanbh-chuileag 2021/22: Mo Bheannachd Ort!
Mo Bheannachd Ort! is a Gaelic language film about the life of Saint Columba and is suitable for upper primary and secondary school pupils.
The film has a celebrity chat show format with a time travelling twist and features the actors Iain MacRae, Rachel Kennedy, Tormod MacLeòid and Fergus Munro. The film was written and directed by Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Drama Officer, Angus Macleod.
A version of the film with English subtitles is also available and dfwill be offered to primary school groups learning Gaelic as an additional language.
Participating schools also receive the opportunity to participate in a follow on workshop based on the film.
Links to educational resources related to the film and Saint Columba are available below.
A public streaming of the flim will take place on Tuesday 7th December at 8pm. More information about the event can be found at facebook.com/feisean
For more information about Mo Bheannachd Ort! contact Angus Macleod at Fèisean nan Gàidheal on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mo Bheannachd Ort! Educational Resources (English versions)
- MBO! – Faclan, Ainmean-àite, Abairtean agus Gnàthasan-cainnte bhon fhilm
- MBO! – Hotseating | Anns a’ Chathair Theth
- MBO! – Who am I? | Cò Mi
- MBO! – Charactar Biographies | Cunntas air Caractaran
- MBO! – Matching Cards (Vocabulary) | Cairtean-maidsidh (Briathrachas)
- MBO! – Columba & Gemman Ditty | Rann Chaluim Chille agus Gemman
Twinkl Resources for Schools related to Saint Columba
- Saint Columba | Naomh Calum Cille (English version)
- Saint Colmcille Time Line | Loidhne Tìde Chaluim Chille
- Saint Columba and the Loch Ness Monster | Naomh Calum Cille agus Uilebheist Loch Nis
- Saint Columba and the Loch Ness Monster (English version)
- Saint Columba Interactive Quiz | Naomh Calum Cille Ceisteachan Eadar-ghnìomach
- Saint Columba Writing Activity | Naomh Calum Cille agus Uilebheist Loch Nis – Gnìomh-sgrìobhaidh
- St. Colmcille Crossword Worksheet (English version)
- Highland Saints – Colouring in pages | Naoimh Ghàidhealach – Duilleagan Cur-dath
Meanbh-chuileag 2020: Eliza
Due to restrictions imposed by Covid-19 it was not possible to tour with a play in 2020. Instead of a play a short film was produced which was shown at primary schools across the country during November. 2020.
The remarkable story of Eliza Junor from Guyana uprooted by her plantation-owning father and brought to the Black Isle near Inverness in the year 1816, told through a new Gaelic drama written by Angus MacLeod, produced by Fèisean nan Gàidheal with songs from Eilidh Mackenzie performed by Ellen MacDonald and Innes White.
- 2019/20: An Rabhadh (The Warning)
New Play Warns of Climate Change Crisis
- 2018/19: Nam Brògan-sa (In their Shoes)
Gaelic Cyberbullying Play Tours Scotland
- 2017/18: Teàrlach Fo Chasaid (Charlie in the Dock)
Bonnie Prince Charlie in the Dock
Young Pretender Tours North West Schools
- 2016/17: Le Meas (Yours Sincerely)
Gaelic Play Brings Syrian Conflict Closer to Home
News about Meanbh-chuileag production Le Meas and tour on BBC An Là