The Hùb Hàb early years theatre-in-education project is delivered through Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s Fèisgoil service and made possible by funding received from Bòrd na Gàidhlig and Creative Scotland. Hùb Hàb productions are aimed at the 3-5 year age group but are also suitable for young primary school children.
Hùb Hàb 2020: Duanagan Aodaich
This year Hùb and Hàb will be learning about clothing with our latest play Duanagan Aodaich (Clothing Ditties).
The first ten day tour will take place between Monday 2nd and Friday 13th March with peformances at the following primary schools and Gaelic nurseries: Mount Cameron Primary School, Sgoil na Coille Nuaidhe, Condorrat Primary School, Lyoncross Nursery, Bun-sgoil Taobh na Pàirce, Meadowburn Primary School, Rowena Nursery, Sgoil Ghàidhlig Ghlaschu, Bun-sgoil Thiriodh, Rockfield Primary School, Strath of Appin Primary School, Breadalbane Primary School and Goodlyburn Primary School.
Two more regional tours are for primary schools and Gaelic nurseries in the Isle of Mull, the Western Isles and the Highland Council region are currently scheduled to take place before the end of the school year.
For more information about Hùb Hàb or any of Fèisean nan Gàidheal’s other drama projects contact Angus Macleod on 01463 225 559 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Hùb and Hàb in the News:
Hùb Hàb 2019: Rannan an Rathaid Mhòir
Rannan an Rathaid Mhòir’ (Hùb Hàb: Road Rhymes), a Gaelic language play about road safety, initially toured the central belt, Perthshire and Argyll in Marhc and in May toured Tiree, Mull and the Western Isles. In September they visited Gaelic medium primary school and nurseries throughout the Highland Council region and Gilcomstoun Primary in Aberdeen.
Hùb Hàb 2018: Seirm na Sìde
In 2018 Hùb and Hàb learnt about the weather in the play Seirm na Sìde which toured the central belt, Perthshire and Argyll in April. A second tour of the play took place in the Highlands between the 3rd and 14th of September 2018 as part of the Blas music festival.
- Fun Forecast for Young Audiences with New Gaelic Play
- Successful Tour of Gaelic Early Years Play Seirm na Sìde
- What fun we had with Hùb and Hàb! – Bun-sgoil Ghàidhlig Phort Rìgh
Hùb Hàb: Cumaidhean Ceòlmhòr (Hùb Hàb: Musical Shapes) toured in 2017 and Hùb Hàb air Ghleus’ (Hùb Hàb in Tune) toured the country in 2016.
Hùb Hàb 2017: Cumaidhean Ceòlmhor
- New Gaelic Play Gets Young Audiences into Shapes
- Gaelic Play for Young Children Tours the Western Isles/
Hùb Hàb air Ghleus
Curriculum for Excellence Outcomes
- I have experienced the energy and excitement of being part of an audience for other people’s performances
- My learning in, through and about the expressive arts is enhanced and enriched through partnerships with professional arts companies, creative adults and cultural organisations
I develop and extend my literacy skills when:
- I have opportunities to develop an understanding of what is special, vibrant and valuable about a culture & language that belongs to me and all who live here.
- I extend and enrich my vocabulary through listening, talking, watching and reading.