Maoin nan Ealan Gàidhlig is a scheme funded by Creative Scotland and Bòrd na Gàidhlig and administered on their behalf by Fèisean nan Gàidheal. It is open to organisations and individuals.
£75,000 is available for distribution in 2023-24. Although the fund is managed by Fèisean nan Gàidheal, decisions on grants will be made by a panel of advisers comprising:
- Arthur Cormack (Fèisean nan Gàidheal)
- Sarah MacEachen
- Anna MacQuarrie (Creative Scotland)
- Ian Smith
- Magaidh Smith
- Brian Ó hEadhra (Bòrd na Gàidhlig)
A register of their interests can be downloaded here.
There will be one further deadline date for applications:
- 5pm Friday 10.11.2023
Maoin nan Ealan Gàidhlig is designed to assist the delivery of Gaelic arts projects. In 2023-24, priority will be given to arts projects which:
- Are delivered through the medium of Gaelic
- Contribute to the use or learning of Gaelic
- Enable individual artists, groups of artists, or arts organisations to create and/or present work
- Involve international partnerships
- Enable individual artists to address personal development needs
- Develop skills within arts organisations or communities as a means to creating sustainability.
Maoin nan Ealan Gàidhlig cannot:
- Be used to match other Creative Scotland or Bòrd na Gàidhlig funds
- Fund competitions.
Guidelines and an application form may be downloaded from the right hand side of the page in PDF format. The form may be completed, saved and sent to email@example.com. Or, you can fill in your application online by registering here. Once you register you will receive a link by email and you can then proceed with your application.